How do I return my car?
You can end your current Flexcar plan and return your car at any time by visiting your account page. When you return your Flexcar vehicle, just follow the steps below:
Prior to dropping the car off at the location:
- Remove all your personal belongings from the car
- Be sure your Flexcar is returned in the same condition in which it was received, clear of any dirt, stains, trash, or odors
- Failure to do so will result in a reconditioning fee. If your car requires reconditioning, you will be notified and charged a fee to clean and/or repair the car to return to subscription condition. This cost is dependent upon the amount of reconditioning required.
Ensure that you return the vehicle with the gas tank at 3/4 of a tank or more
- Cars returned without a 3/4+ tank of gas will be charged for the fuel required to top up the tank. We use AAA-published values to determine the rate a customer is charged per gallon. In addition, a $5 flat surcharge is added to that cost to reimburse for Flexcar handling and processing fees incurred.
Once you arrive at the location:
If you are returning your Flexcar in Boston, Atlanta, or Charlotte -- seek out a Member Concierge upon arrival, and they will take care of inspecting and returning your vehicle.
If you are returning your Flexcar in Nashville, please complete the following steps:
- Leave the keys in the glovebox
- In your Flexcar app, open the Upcoming Return screen
- Review the checklist
- When ready, lock the car
Before ending your Flexcar plan, you should know:
- Your Flexcar plan will be set to close by the end of the current plan.
- We are unable to provide a partial or full refund of any fees incurred in the current billing cycle
- Any additional drivers on your account will also be closed by ending your Flexcar plan.
- If you have a remaining balance on your account, it will be charged or credited to your payment option on file when your Flexcar plan ends.
- Tolls, charges, and violations will be charged to your payment option on file once they are received.
- You may be subject to additional fees if the vehicle is not returned in the same condition in which it was received.