A one-time refundable deposit will be charged with every order, similar to a security deposit that may be requested when renting a home or apartment. It will be returned to you upon the return of your Flexcar in good condition.
What does the refundable deposit cover?
- This deposit may cover incidental fees of certain amounts, such as past due payments, mileage overages, tolls, citations, and low fuel level upon the return of your car
- It does not cover damages from accidents
What is factored into determining the deposit amount?
- The amount of the deposit can vary based on your age, your credit score, and your vehicle selection.
- For eligible members with a credit score of at least 580, refundable deposit amounts will vary from $250 to $1,000 in all markets. Some members may have a $0 deposit
- The refundable deposit amount cannot be changed
Can I use my security deposit to pay my overdue balance?
- Your security deposit cannot be used to pay your overdue balance until your vehicle is officially returned. Once returned, we can apply your deposit to any outstanding balances and send you an email with your remaining unpaid balance.
When will I receive my deposit back?
- Once your Flexcar is officially returned and confirmed by a member of our Care Team, our Operations Team will retrieve the vehicle and perform a full inspection for any new damage and the overall state of the vehicle. Once the vehicle's condition has been assessed, we will review your account for any outstanding balances. If everything remains in good standing, we will refund the original card on file and send you a confirmation email once completed. The whole process can take 3-5 business days.
Do I get charged for the deposit every week?
- No--your security deposit is a one-time fee that gets applied once at the time of your initial order. If you return your vehicle and place a whole new order, only then will another deposit apply.
Please reference the Subscriber Agreement for more information.