Navigating an accident with Flexcar? Your safety is paramount, and we're here to guide you through the process!
Contact Us: Reach out to our dedicated Customer Care Team to report the incident as soon as it's safe for you to do so.
Document the Scene: Capture the details – photos, police report, and crucial information like date, time, location, and vehicle specifics.
- Date, time and place of incident
- The license plate numbers of any other vehicles involved, their make and year, their identification number (serial number), and the insurance certificate's number (with name, address and phone number of the insurance agent)
- The names, addresses, and driver’s license numbers of the persons involved in the incident
- The name, address, and driver’s license number of the owner of the car
- The name, addresses, and phone number of witnesses, passengers, and any other involved persons
- Circumstances of the incident
A police report is vital, no matter the fault.
Incident Report: Expect a prompt email with a link to fill out an Incident Report.
- For incidents reported on or after 3/1/2024: If your incident was reported on or after 3/1/2024, our liability insurance and liability claims manager, The Hartford, will manage all claims related to your accident. If the other party contacts you, please notify The Hartford at 800-327-3636 as soon as possible and pass along the insurance company’s name, adjuster’s name, claim number, and phone number. For more information on how insurance coverage works, please visit this article.
For incidents reported before 3/1/2024: If your incident was reported prior to 3/1/2024, Sedgwick CMS manages liability claims. If the other party contacts you, notify Sedgwick swiftly at 866-345-2474 as soon as possible and pass along the insurance company’s name, adjuster’s name, claim number, and phone number. For more information on how insurance coverage works, please visit this article.
Vehicle Inspection and Repair: Work closely with our Customer Care and Field Operations Teams to inspect and repair the vehicle. During the investigation, your Flexcar account may pause briefly while we investigate the incident as well as Sedgwick processes the claim. The entire process typically spans a few weeks.
Account Reactivation: Once investigations conclude, we'll assess your account for potential reactivation. There might be a repair fee, and detailed emails will keep you informed about charges and account status.