- Please ensure you have downloaded the Flexcar app onto your smartphone.
- Look for the Flexcar signs at the pickup location to find your vehicle.
- Unlock your vehicle with the Flexcar app.
- Your keys should be in the glove box or center console.
- Push to start is a feature included in some cars. To start the car, fully depress the brake pedal and push the start button.
- Newer models are equipped with automatic engine shutoff. This is a feature that automatically turns off the engine while not in use, such as when you are at a full stop, and then automatically turns the engine on when the gas pedal is depressed. This feature increases fuel efficiency.
- Proof of insurance is located in the glove box of your Flexcar and should be up to date upon pickup.
Your vehicle should arrive in almost new condition. What does this mean?
- Cleanliness: Car vacuumed and cleaned.
- Vehicle readiness: No major exterior damage and fluids topped off (e.g., the car should have windshield wiper fluid).
- Gas: A minimum of 3/4 tank of gas upon pickup.
How do I schedule maintenance?
Flexcar will take care of your car's routine and preventative maintenance for you! Maintenance can be scheduled by contacting customer care. For more details, see Maintenance process.
When to expect maintenance:
- Oil changes - Most cars need an oil change periodically. Each model has unique oil change requirements, but cars generally need an oil change between every 5,000 and 10,000 miles.
- Fluid checks - Cars will have their fluid levels (e.g. brake fluids, windshield wiper fluids, etc.) checked and refilled during oil changes
- Tire care - The health of your car's tires will be assessed during oil changes. Any necessary maintenance will be completed at that time. Typically, tires last around 25,000 miles. The lifespan of tires depends on tire type, driving habits, and car type.
How do I return my Flexcar?
You can end your current Flexcar plan and schedule your car drop off by visiting your account page online. You will select a time and location to drop off your Flexcar. Please be sure to remove all of your belongings and return your vehicle with a full tank of gas. For more details, see How do I return my car?
Can my friends and family drive my Flexcar?
You can add one additional driver to your account. When adding an additional driver to your account, they will be able to drive the same car and receive all benefits including the same insurance coverage as the primary driver. However, you (as the account holder) will be responsible for all billing matters. To add a new driver, submit a request online.
What if I need roadside assistance?
Nail in your tire? Fender bender or car damage? We understand things can go wrong, and we’re looking out for you with roadside assistance. Roadside assistance is included with Flexcar and is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. This service includes lockout service, flat tire assistance and towing, jump starts and fuel delivery. In the unlikely event you need roadside assistance, please call customer care at 1-866-725-2734.
What happens if I receive a ticket, incur tolls, other citations or fees?
We will charge the payment method you have provided for any taxes, fees, fines, tickets, violations, penalties, citations, tolls or other costs incurred in connection with the car. For more information, see billing overview.
Swaps - I'm ready for a new car!
Flexcar includes the flexibility to swap out your car as you need. Scheduling a swap is as easy as visiting the app or website. For more details, see Swapping your car.
When in doubt, drop us a line or send us an email. We're here to help.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit a request via our website.
Phone - 1-866-725-2734