Even the best drivers can be involved in an accident on the road. From denting the bumper while parking to a major accident, there are a few basics to know to make sure the claim experience goes smoothly and you have the coverage you need in advance to make you feel prepared.
Damage to Other Property and Injuries to Yourself or Others
Sometimes a car accident can lead to damaging property or injuring people. Flexcar will extend liability protection for you and any authorized driver with the following coverage:
- up to $100,000 per accident for bodily injury of one individual
- up to $300,000 per accident for bodily injury of more than one individual
- up to $25,000 for property damage
This liability coverage protects drivers from third-party claims of bodily injury or property damage that may occur while driving a Flexcar vehicle.
For additional information on coverage, please refer to the Subscriber Agreement.
The Flexcar Vehicle
If you damage a Flexcar vehicle during your Flexcar plan, you are required to contact our support team so that we can initiate the claim. If you are abiding by the rules of the Subscriber Agreement, then you will only be billed a damage fee of $500 and Flexcar will waive your responsibility for loss, or damage to the vehicle. If the cost to repair the vehicle is less than $500, then you will be billed only the lesser amount.
If you were not abiding by the Subscriber Agreement, you are not eligible for a damage fee and are responsible for the full cost of the damage to the Flexcar vehicle. Common ways that a driver may be in violation of the Subscriber Agreement are:
- Letting an unauthorized driver drive
- Driving recklessly
- Not reporting the accident or damage
- Not completing an incident report after an accident
- Providing false information about the accident
- Driving while texting or emailing
- Leaving the vehicle unsupervised and unlocked